Frames, Divs, iFrames...?

seanothan

Ok, REALLY simple question probably, but it's been ages since I've done much html work and I'm trying to get back into it....

I want to have what seems like a frameset so that while people navigate through my site, there is a top frame that will have the navigation links, and then a bottom frame with some links to other websites within my network (ie, music, news, games - different websites, but just with different subdomains under 1 main domain).

HOWEVER...

I'd like it to load similiar to the way guardster.com loads when you visit a website through it's program...

To see what I mean, go here:  http://www.guardster.com/subscription/proxy_free.php

How are they loading their navigation menu like that?  It seems like it loads in a div everytime there's a page load...

Again, I'm sure it's simple, but web design now compared to 8 years ago is amazing....  heh  :)

Thanks for any/all help!

• 4 weeks later...

frames and iframes are a relic of yesteryear. just switch to nice clean mark-up, div layout etc. (use iframe if you are including a web page that is not on your server if you really must - i prefer to just open a new window) and think about breaking code up so you can use inlcude files - that will help you A LOT.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.