Torrential - PHP BitTorrent tracker (testers needed)

expert01

Alright, I've been developing this off and on for a few years, but I need to finish it up to make a new web site (and hopefully make money off it), so I'm trying to iron out the bugs.

Torrential is a PHP based BitTorrent tracker which features user management, forums, an administration panel, an install script, and a lot of other features.

What it does: Allows registered users to upload a torrent file (made by the user), then re-download the file and seed the torrent. Other users then download the torrent file, which they can use to download the full torrent from other seeding users. Bittorrent clients send an HTTP request to announce.php, which gets a list of peers for that torrent and bencodes them for the client.

I have a download available on the website. Notice the script for download is vulnerable (although some vulnerabilities have been fixed in the live version). I need any help with security fixes, and definitely optimisations (PHP trackers can get quite resource intensive with a lot of users). Load tests would help, although the only reliable method of load testing is to have a ton of users. I've tried to make it XHTML 1.0 compliant, but there are probably some mistakes. I've improved it a lot over the original script.

http://abandonbeta.com/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.