Problem with PHP and flash player? Frames?

TheBigLebowski

Hi everyone I'm brand new here and was hoping I could get some advice. I'm developing a website for a friend and am new to php.

I have a website where there is one main index.php page, and the content of the page changes via a menubar basically by checking $_REQUEST to see what page we should display (ie, "index.php?page=main" or "index.php?page=contact"), then an if statement REQUIRES the appropriate content in the middle of the page where the content changes.

The problem I'm having is that I have a simple MP3 flash player that I need to play throughout the whole site consistently. But when the user clicks a menubar button, because it reloads the index.php, it also reloads the flash player and so the song jumps back to the beginning.

I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent this flash player from reloading each time the page is refreshed with new content.

Is there any way to do this, other than putting the flashplayer in a separate frame? That's the only solution I've been able to think of and I want to avoid frames.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated, sorry for the lengthy post. thank you in advance

From my previous experiences, the flash players gets quite annoying (especially if it has sounds) when it interferes with my music playing in the background while I'm surfing the web. But if you really want to do that, sorry, I don't have any other solutions for you.

From my previous experiences, the flash players gets quite annoying (especially if it has sounds) when it interferes with my music playing in the background while I'm surfing the web. But if you really want to do that, sorry, I don't have any other solutions for you.

I don't particularly like music on webpages either, but this particular site is a site for a trance DJ and live music group, so its kind of a must-have. Even if I turn off the auto-play feature, I still have the problem of it reloading each time and starting from the beginning.

If this isn't due to a poor PHP implementation, does anyone have any thoughts on using a frame to encapsulate the player at the bottom of the window while keeping the rest of the page in the main frame?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.