Dotted line issue with firefox Vs IE6

worth2talk

Hi,

Well, my issue is not exactly related to PHP, but more of CSS... but i haven't got any answer from other forums on this so finally i decided to put it here as this is the forum from where i got quick response in the past....

My code is simple which tries to apply dotted line to the bottom of a CSS box.

h2 {
border-bottom:1px dotted #666666;
clear:both;
color:#C76C00;
padding-bottom:3px;
text-transform:uppercase;
}

This works fine with Firefox and dotted line looks good, but while seeing in IE6, dotted line looks ugly.... dots are larger in size.....

can anyone have idea to resolve this issue....

i am not sure whether this question has been asked in past, but as a new joiner to this forum, i would like to have some one to reply....

quick response will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...!!

If you'll notice closely, there is a slight difference in rendering between FF and IE for that dotted border. On the site you cited, there is a color difference between FF and IE. There is some sort of fudging going on via a CSS hack or JS somewhere. IE renders "dotted" borders as "dashed," so you'll need to use a repeating background image in IE to achieve the same effect.

Here is an article that sums it up for you.

Well, to place image is one of the option, but i want to know the solution without it....

There is not a CSS solution to get IE to use the dotted border.

http://www.webdevout.net/browser-support-css#css2propsbasic

Search for border-style on the page. You'll notice that IE definitively displays a 1px wide dashed border in place of dotted.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.