Personal Pinned topics

Basically, something that I have been after, that would be a good addition to a-lot of forum's that have help sections or have tutorials in the forums.

A person can "Sticky" a thread they would like to watch, or remember. Only they would see the sticky as a sticky, everyone else would see the thread on whatever page the post is on.

A user would have to be limited in how many threads they can sticky.

Benifits: This helps people easily find their topics that they are watching. For instance, if someone asks a question in the PHP Help forum, and it is also something I am interested in learning, and I see a solution - but currently dont have the time to implement the suggested code, I could sticky the thread, and when I return to the PHP Help forums, it will be at the top with the rest of the stickys, and not buried under 10 pages of other questions.

There is a "notify" link on each thread that will notify you if someone replies to that specific thread.  There are also several tools in SMF that will allow you track threads that you've posted in.

As with every other request... I'd suggest you make this one to the SMF team (www.simplemachines.org) instead of us... as we don't write the software.

Can't anyone write the software for a mod to the forum? The notify link only works should someone reply to the thread. Which isn't usually the case once the thread is marked "Solved". Also - Most of the tracking tools in SMF I use often, but many, if not all of them are contingent on you posting to the thread - or someone replying to the thread - if neither of these happen - this is where a personal sticky would come in to play.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.