corrupt mysql table -data recovery help

freakwannabe

Hi,

I am very new to mysql and have had a mysql database crash containing all our data. The 'professionals' could not recover it so I have been extracting data myself. I have found all my data using navicat and have run queries to get the data and reenter it into our database however, i table is corrupt and if I open it icrashes the mysql server. I have even done a mysqldump and it ran thru 30 mins until it hit the corrupt table and then gave an error saying it lost the connection to the server. I am using mysql version 4.0.23. how can I get the data from this table??? ???

Well, in mysql folder under data I have .frm files. When I open them using navicat I see them as tables -almost like access tables. I can open the tables (or .frm files) and read their contents just like an access database and even run queries on the data but everytime I include one particular table in the query or try to open it to read it contents it crashes the mysql server and says it has lost its connection. Well I can actually open the table and I can read the data up to page 18, but on page 19 the file crashes. (there is 1000 data entries to a page).

what happened was this - we use a program called 2clix - a mysql based program. During a program update the server crashed and now I cannot read the data in the .frm file that contains the infromation on what products were sold on each sale after a certain date. This is critical information. We had to reinstall 2clix and restore an old backup but have lost about 2 weeks of data because the windows server backup had corrupt data as well and we couldnt restore the current backups. Fun ha!!

Is there anyway at all to extract the data -even in text format so I can find the sales products? I have tried mysqldump to a text file but as soon as it tries to read the tblsaleslines file it crashes and says I have lost my connection.

Please help  :'(

I will try this again but have been unable to run check tables as yet. Says it is an unknown command. The data file contains about 200 .frm files and a couple of .myd files. these myd files are all used as temp files for creating reports. there is an ibdata1 file and 2 ib_logfiles. Do the .frm files hold the structure for the data held in the ibdata1 file? If so can I extract it from here? it was the ibdata1 file that the error log identified as not being able to open after the crash, gives errno:1 cant find files as it thinks they have been moved or the size has changed.

There is a new innoDB message there now after I have run the mysqldump saying it found database page corruption in the tblsaleslines.

I will try to force recovery and run check tables and repot back as to the result.

Thanks

Cannot run CHECK TABLE - it says its not a vaild command

Cannot run mysqlcheck - get error no 1045

tried mysql -u root and mysql -u root -p but only get error 1045 and if I use password I get error 2003

I get this alot and every now and then I jag it and it lets me in. thats when I can run the mysql dump ect but cant seem to jag it now. Have searched the net high and low and tried all sorts of things. Is using port 3306. No firewall enabled.

any suggestions? Last time I started mysql in services and it worked but not today.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.