[SOLVED] Long float?

demon_athens

Hi there,

I want to have prices for products that can be 12.000.000 or 5.000 or 5,20 or 13.850,70. I had a float(10,2) but the client wants to put if needed the decimal separator ",". For example a price of 12.000.000 is returned like 12.000.000,00 and he doesn't want that.

Also in order to have the decimal numbers I have to write the character "." not ",". So I must write it 12000000 (without the dots because it will give decimals)

Any ideas what can I do? I know its too common for someone with experience :) I don't use floats often so I really don't know that to do here.

TRUNCATE TABLE empties a table completely. Logically, this is equivalent to a DELETE  statement that deletes all rows, but there are practical differences under some circumstances.

Are you kidding me?

I studied the structure of oscommerce. For price fields has decimal(15,4). After searching I saw that you can set the decimal and thousands character. So I wonder if they use php to make the string of price on runtime.

Any suggestions?

TRUNCATE TABLE empties a table completely. Logically, this is equivalent to a DELETE  statement that deletes all rows, but there are practical differences under some circumstances.

Don't you see, I written it as TRUNCATE() not TRUNCATE.

TRUNCATE() is function which removes the digits after the decimal point if you don't pass second argument.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.