Mail!?

Full-Demon

Hi,

I was wondering what the best library is, to send mail with PHP.

mail() sucks, as everyone should know. I heard about swiftmailer and phpmailer and there should be even more available. I use swiftmailer now, but I was wondering which was really the best (fastest, most efficient, easiest to use, best anyway). So, what do you guys use/prefer/suggest?

FD

all these things use teh mail() function - they simply provide you with a whole load of bits that make your job formatting and addressing multiple recipients, bcc, ccc etc etc.

Which one you choose to use is up to you. If some of the available classes don't quite meet your requirements then you either adapt or roll your own.

OOOPS sorry just bothered to look at the code.

They have the option of just using mail() or connecting....

I'm not that hot on mail servers but I am guessing that they do all the things behind the scene that the smtp connect does in php mailer.

To test them I suggest you echo out the micro time at start and finish of each module - send 100 emails or so to get a good average.  That should give you an idea - you could also check the amount of memory each is utilising which when combined with the time taken should give you a very good idea of which one is more efficient...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.