View the source of another page

kevloink

i tried to edit my post, but the time to edit had expired. I got that code from the php docs on php.net. I was hoping to figure out a way to leaving in the whitespace, so that the html looks nicer when displayed, but I haven't figured it out.

Also keep in mind the PHP files your accessing are post-parsed. Any PHP in the file will return just as plain HTML since PHP is operated server side.

And yeah I also think your looking for nl2br() but just incase that doesn't work keep in mind you can always cheat and do something like

$file = str_replace( " ", "<WHITE>", $file );

process your file

$file = str_replace ( "<WHITE>", " ", $file );

This basically transforms the white space to data PHP won't touch, then transforms it back again. Haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I couldn't figure out how to do it with file_get_contents() and still have the appropriate whitespace and line breaks. I did however provide a good solution to the original question, so maybe somebody else can come up with another way or a better way and share. I'm still a php newbie!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.