<form id='1' name='1' method='post'>
<table width="90%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
   <tr>
      <td><div align="right">Username:   </div></td>
       <td><input name="username" type="text" size="30" value=""></td>
   </tr>
    <tr>
      <td><div align="right">Contact:   </div></td>
      <td><input type="text" name="contact" size="30" value=""> <i>(Email Address)</i></td>
    </tr>
    <td><div align="right">Subject:   </div></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="subject" size="30" value=""></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td><div align="right">Comment:   </div></td>
      <td><textarea name="comment" cols="45" rows="5" wrap="VIRTUAL"></textarea></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td></td>
      <td colspan="2">     
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Add Comment"></td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</form>
<?PHP
$user = addslashes(strip_tags($_POST['username']));
$contact = addslashes(strip_tags($_POST['contact']));
$subject = addslashes(strip_tags($_POST['subject']));
$comment = addslashes(strip_tags($_POST['comment']));
$date = date("F j, Y.");
$check = @mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `comments` WHERE `comment`='".$comment."' "));
if ($_POST['submit']) {
  if ($check >= 1) { // Check to see if comment already exists
  echo "Comment has already been posted!"; }
  elseif ($contact == NULL || $subject == NULL || $comment == NULL || $user == NULL) {
   echo "Please fill in all fields."; }
   else {
   mysql_query("INSERT INTO `comments` (`user`, `contact`,`subject`,`comment`,`date`) VALUES ('".$user."','".$contact."','".$subject."','".$comment."','".$date."')");
   echo "Comment has been posted! <META HTTP-EQUIV=\"REFRESH\" CONTENT=\"2; URL=/commentform.php\">"; }
   }
?>
<table width="35%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="2">
<tr>
<td> User </td><td> Comment </td>
</tr>
<?PHP
$newsid = $_GET['newsid']; $find = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `comments` WHERE `newsid`='".$newsid."' ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 0,50");
($view = mysql_fetch_array($find))

$fetch = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `comments` ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 0,50"); // Display last 50 comments
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$okip = "My IP";
while ($view = mysql_fetch_array($fetch)) {
if ($ip == $okip) {
echo "<tr><td><a href=\"mailto:".stripslashes($view['contact'])."\">".stripslashes($view['user'])."</a><br>".$view['date']."<br><center><a href=\"commentform.php?del=".$view['id']."\">[X]</a></center></td><td><textarea name=\"textarea\" cols=\"25\" rows=\"4\" wrap=\"virtual\" readonly>".stripslashes($view['comment'])."</textarea></td></tr>";
}
else {
echo "<tr><td><a href=\"mailto:".stripslashes($view['contact'])."\">".stripslashes($view['user'])."</a><br>".$view['date']."</td><td><textarea name=\"textarea\" cols=\"25\" rows=\"4\" wrap=\"virtual\" readonly>".stripslashes($view['comment'])."</textarea></td></tr>";
}
}
?>
</table>
<?PHP
$comment = $_GET['del'];
if ($comment != NULL && is_numeric($comment)) {
  if ($ip == $okip) {
mysql_query("DELETE FROM `comments` WHERE `id` = '".$comment."' LIMIT 1 ");
echo "Comment has been deleted.<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"REFRESH\" CONTENT=\"2; URL=commentform.php\"> ";
}
else {
echo "You do not have permission to delete comments."; }
}
?>

i uploaded it to http://taizkul.prohosts.org/commentform.php

-Thank you for your time

~L

ooohhh....haha...well i want there to be four fields where you can input info like a name, contact, subject, and the message. Then the page reloads to show your post and the date next to it. The problem im having is that when i upload it to, http://taizkul.prohosts.org/commentform.php, the screen turns blank. I'm not sure what i did wrong because it all looks fine to me.

Then i have code where an X shows so i can delete spam comments...but it only shows with my ip address...

and then when this problem is fixed...i was wondering if you could help me with having comments posted for specific news articles

ooohhh....haha...well i want there to be four fields where you can input info like a name, contact, subject, and the message. Then the page reloads to show your post and the date next to it. The problem im having is that when i upload it to, http://taizkul.prohosts.org/commentform.php, the screen turns blank. I'm not sure what i did wrong because it all looks fine to me.

Then i have code where an X shows so i can delete spam comments...but it only shows with my ip address...

and then when this problem is fixed...i was wondering if you could help me with having comments posted for specific news articles

ASTIG!!! ILL take a look

its really empty maybe to debug it remove the <?PHP

include("db.php");

?> first and look if theres any cahnges if still no action happened i should say you are uploading the wrong file be sure that the file u upload is on right track ya know!!!!

ASTIG!!

hmm...i reuploaded the file, and i took out to include and it still shows a blank page. Then i pasted the include back in and made sure i was uploading the right file because i checked before uploading.....does anyone know the solution to my problem because apparently the code is correct.

Also the weriod thing is that this was working like two days ago...but now it isn't, :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.