In need of a planner/manager/calendar script

Haans

I'm in a band, and I want to set up an event-planner of sorts for my band on my website. What I want is for all the band-members to be able to log in and register their busy-time to make it easier for us to plan dates for studio, gigs, rehearsal etc. I've looked at several calendar-scripts, but none of them offer anything like what I need.

I want a calendar that's simple and free and accepts multiple users adding their busy-time, displaying the result in a simple calendar-form.

Does anyone here know if there's something like that out there?

Kind regards,

Hans Kristian

You could always install SMF (www.simplemachines.org) and use the calendar feature built into that.  It's pretty good and would achieve what you're after.  You could probably even integrate it with a website outside of the actual forums too.

Thanks for the tip! I see it's the same forum software used here. I'll give it a spin :) Any other suggestions? I don't really need the power and functionality that SMF offers, so anything light and simple is good too. I'm just amazed that I couldn't find a script that suits my needs. I found a few commercial ones that looked promising, but I'm not paying $50-100 for a piece of software where I'm only going to use 2% of the functionality...

I'm sure there are others that would need something like this. The way I see it, it would be a versatile tool that could be used for a heap of different things - all sorts of project planning, bands, organisations, clubs and whatnot. Even small businesses could find uses for it.

If anyone is willing to have a go at creating something like this, I'd be happy to come up with some sketches and ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have any money to offer, but I would be the first to donate if it works. My programming skills are limited to C64 Basic and simple HTML (usually resulting in 'syntax error' and boring webpages), otherwise I would do it myself ;)

I just realised I never really said anything about programming language (although I suppose it's not really necessary). My server handles PHP4.x and Perl at least. Running Apache, MySQL. No Microsoft support, i.e no ASP or Access :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.