Email Form

lisacleverley

Hi all,

I'm trying to add an email for for a friend on her website but can't understand why it's not working. Here is the page of the form: www.blissphoto.net/Connect.html and the code for the form below...

<?php

$email_address = "email@exampleemail.com";
$subject = "Contact from Website"; 

$name = $_POST['name'];
$address = $_POST['address'];
$city = $_POST['city'];
$state = $_POST['state'];
$zip = $_POST['zip'];
$date = $_POST['date'];
$referral = $_POST['referral'];
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$comments = $_POST['comments'];

$message ="Contact Name:".$name."\n\nAddress:".$address."\n\nCity:".$city."\n\nState:".$state."\n\nZip:".$zip."\n\nDate:".$date."\n\nReferral:".$referral."\n\n;Phone:".$phone."\n\nE-mail:".$email."\n\nComments:".$comments;

mail($toname."<".$email_address.">",$subject,$message,"From: ".$name."<".$email.">");

//Redirects to thank-you.html 
    header("Location: thank-you.html")

?>

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

If you want php to post the form it has to be a .php page on a PHP enabled server other wise php wont work.

Also $name = $_POST['name']; isn't necessary you can just use $_POST['name']; in the mail function.

Well then I'm confused because on my own website I use htm pages with php email forms that work perfectly fine. See www.lisacleverley.com/contact.htm  ???

I just ran your script and it sent OK

Yes it appears to forward onto the Thank you page but nothing ever comes through in the email. I have it set on the server to send to my email until I know it's fully working then will transfer to friends email.

right, your form action is to send.php (on your site) so thats cool then.

If the page is redirecting then the script is exec. fine and I ran your script and it does send.

Try simplifying the mail function to it's most basic form eg

mail('mail@example', 'My Subject', 'Test');

and comment out the rest and see if it works. if it doesn't then the problem is with PHP or the ini set up

check the obvious stuff too like the address. Try another address to make sure the issue isn't with your friends email account. Send to her account from your account too. Just try to work out where its failing by testing all the different parts to running the script and getting the mail.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.