anybody made their own forum?

.Stealth

Has anybody here ever made a forum? as in their own scripts completely?

Thinking of having a little go myself, nothing special like IPB or this one, just something to make when i'm bored.

I don't expect it to be as good as invision power board or vbulletin.

If you've had a go at doing one, you got a link?

I like that, looks nice with good features.

How are you doing it? i mean OOP or just normal PHP?

Gonna download it and take a look at the way you have done the features, if its OOP then theres no chance of that lol.

I tried learning OOP once and my head felt like it was going to blow up  ;D

and by the way why do you want to reinvent forum system if you can have them free like SMF?  ;D

Then why did SMF create one when there already were others? Why do anybody create anything when there already are some made? Why do you spend time on cooking yourself when you can just buy food which has already been prepared?

I too have been working on a forum.. It sucks to say the least (my forum that is), but I've written guest books and DBase driven blog programs for the web. I don't think anyone intends to reinvent any thing. I think it's more for the feeling that you were who design the forums on your site, or that guest book that has 1000+ "Hey cool site man!" posts. I find it to be a challenge. Especially if you're the only one who's coding the forum. There is definitely a level of satisfaction when it's complete..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.