Excel: Freeze sheet

eyegraphix

Hey all. I have a simple excel sheet where I want to freeze a row AND a column. From the attached picture, I want numbers 1-6 and Column1, Column2, and Column3 to remain fixed, but still be able to scroll through everything to the right of that column and below that row. I can get the row to be fixed but the column still moves, even though I've frozen the cell to the right and below where I want to freeze, according to the excel help. I know this must be easy. Please help, thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you stay on the cell that you're in in that image, you should be able to hit "freeze panes" and it should do what you want.  Keep in mind that one part will scroll eventually.  I'm not aware of a way to make both stay no matter how you scroll.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.