popup login

jagguy

using a pop up system seems a messy way to do it when you can use a php page and have it layed out nicerly and you would have to use a javaprompt to take details. then transfer to php which is a pain in itself using a hidden form value and get.

Waz

I personally would use php. 

I can do it that way but here are my problems.

q)I don't want the user to get access to unrestricted pages by typing in an url of one. How can I stop this?

q) Having the passwords stored in a table or a table for each login and password user?

q)what is wrong witha php popup , does this provide extra secuirty problems? I still can't find the code to do this.

q)I don't want the user to get access to unrestricted pages by typing in an url of one. How can I stop this?

A) You set a session variable once they have confirmed the login details at top if secure page do some like

if(isset($_session['secure']))

{

}else

{

//redirect them back to login that way they will allways be longed in

}

q) Having the passwords stored in a table or a table for each login and password user?

A) Again yes store them in a table one table all passwords i personally would use a extra field to set level permissions if you only want them to get access to certain areas

q)what is wrong witha php popup , does this provide extra secuirty problems? I still can't find the code to do this.

a) again it really depends on how you do it if its all java it can becuse you could see the database details in php u can not.

again if you want to use a java pop up use a hidden form value to pass between the 2 langs is way i would do it if you cant find a good example of how to do this ill try and dig one up

Waz

hope this helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.