Allowing users to use excel worksheet online.

nadz

hi, i am working for a charity here in the UK and one of our sources of donations is collecting money from muslims in the local community who are paying their annual zakat. Just a bit of background on it, zakat is compulsary on all muslims who can afford it. it basically means paying 2.5% of your earnings for the year to charitable causes eg. homeless people or charities.

we have created an excel worksheet which our employees use to calculate a persons total zakat payable. now we would like people to be able to calculate their zakat themselves online via our website. so really, what we need is a way to display the excel file online and allow users to input their figures and let them work out their zakat payable online via our website.

i understand this could become fairly complicated but if anyone has anysuggestions on formats we can use or software that will help us it would be well appreciated. remember, its for a good cause. Any help would be appreciated, we dont really have alot of money to spend on the website. :-[

the easiest thing to do would just be to offer the excel spread sheet to download online.

the next best thing, although much more work, would be to recreate it as an HTML form and do the calculations via JavaScript (in real time) or PHP (via a submit button)

how complex is the spread sheet? Is i just something like: "Whats your annual income? Now multiple that by 2.5%."  ?

hi, we would really like to be able to run it online. ive found this toolonline that allows me to convert the xls file to html or php arrays but the html generated doesnt allow me to put any of the figures in.

http://www.paggard.com/projects/xls.reader/

it does however look exactly like the original xls file.

ps thanksfor the reply its appreciated

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.