What is considered a lot of queries to run in a day?

Padgoi

I've heard of sites that can handle like thousands of queries per second.  I have no idea what's considered a lot of queries per day.  Any help?

Also, how long til a mysql dbase really starts conking out due to an overload of queries? 

And what is considered a lot of queries for one page? 

Thanks in advance.

thanks for the wiseass comment Andy.  However, I'm the administrator of MySpace and . . .

ok, just kidding.

But seriously, I just finished writing a script for a site and I've received a LOT of positive feedback about it so I am interested in knowing the answer to this question.

I disagree, Look at a script called phpfox.com (a myspace ripoff) It runs so many queries that the script becomes super slow.....

And how do you know how many queries it runs?  Perhaps it's running on an overloaded server; perhaps the database design is brutally inefficient; etc., etc.

Just because a site is 'slow' and uses a database does not guarantee that the database server software is bad.

Because I run two sites that use phpfox. I run one on a a nice VPS and another on a shared hosting. Both run super slow. After months of researching it.. and with phpfox help.. they concluded it was because they script runs over 1500+ queries. Which I believe their new release cuts that in half.

.. they concluded it was because they script runs over 1500+ queries. Which I believe their new release cuts that in half.

As I observed, perhaps the database design is brutally inefficient.  That certainly seems to be the case for them.  What does 1550 queries mean? Per day, per second, per what?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.