sessions and cookies

Baabu

hi every one i m new to php programing i m stuck to sessions and cookies i have read some books but they aren't much statisfing can i one give me some practical examples for session handling and uses of cookies

Best Regards

Baabu

I use a session with a cookie to track a shopping cart on my site. The session holds cart item info so that a customer can add and delete items and the shopping cart stays right even if they use the back button on their browser

Well i want tired to do some work with cookies as it is fine but i cant find any sort of cookie file in my temp directory just like for example

<?

setcookie('cookiename','value',time()+(60*60*24));

?>

the above code will make a cookie with the name cookiename value = value and expiry time 24 hours

<?

echo "The value of Cookie is".$_COOKIE['value'];

?>
this will display the value on screen so how to do this step with sessions??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.