extended link ?user=seinfield

Foser

alright, im interested in learning about extended links but im not totaly sure whats its actually called therefore i have trouble finding tutorials about it. I know its somekind of get statement but im not sure how to display things on that page which does not exist until someone presses a link.

The reason i want to learn about this is because i am making a application and want to make it so you can see all users information and be able to edit it from there. any information about these extended links would be grealy appreciated.

thanks

I know some of this can be very not secure. How can we make it so if there is no user to that name display error page. Because from my experience i know how to exploit this and with this unsecure you can easily upload something to the host without any authentication. Any way to make it secure?

first if u have the database you can have it tru checking the user in the db

sample

select * from table where user id=$_GET['valu here']

have some condition that if true allow to enter then else error page

hope that helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.