Extracting info from files in a flat file database

drewtheman

Hello all,

I am in dire need of a script that can read the variable files from within a file (ie: client_01.inc).

I already know about the include()  and require() commands, but I want a table with a script that points to a directory of files.  I have client files each with variables in each file and the table needs to extract the info from each file in that directory to display in the table.  Here is the code I'm using to pull the files from the directory.

<?

$default_dir = "../clients";

if(!($dp = opendir($default_dir))) die("Cannot open $default_dir.");

while($file = readdir ($dp))

if($file != '.' && $file != '..' )

echo "<center><table BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=0 COLS=5 WIDTH=\"600\">

<tr BGCOLOR=\"#F7EEEE\"><td WIDTH=\"238\"><font face=\"Arial,Helvetica\"><font size=-1>$name</font></font></td><td WIDTH=\"75\"><font face=\"Arial,Helvetica\"><font size=-1>$date</font></font></td><td WIDTH=\"125\"><font face=\"Arial,Helvetica\"><font size=-1>$event</font></font></td><td WIDTH=\"30\"><font face=\"Arial,Helvetica\"><font size=-1><a href=\"edit_account.php?client=$file\">Edit</a></font></font></td><td WIDTH=\"30\"><font face=\"Arial,Helvetica\"><font size=-1><a href=\"delete_account.php?client=$file\">Delete</a></font></font></td></tr></table></center>";

closedir($dp);

?>

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Yes.  Exactly.

I'm trying to output the information from each file in the directory to a table.

So as an example, I'd like to have a column labeled as 'Date'.  When I run the script that currently gives me the name of each file in the directory, I'd also like it to read the date variable from each of the files and place it in the 'Date' column.

I hope this makes more sense. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.