redirecting

jalea148

There are 3 pages: A, B, C; B resides on another server.

With Session variables I can share form data on A with C when I post directly to C. However, if I post to B and redirect to C, sharing doesn’t seem to work with C. If this is possible, what are the guidelines [i.e. what needs to be added beyond what was necessary when the form in A posted directly to C]?

tried cookies - no luck. If the post goes directly to C from A, POST, session variables and cookies all work - the form data from A appears in the form on C. However, if the form in A posts to a different form [off the server] and gets to the form on C via Redirect, no data appears in C's form.

You either have to post the data using www.php.net/cURL OR you have to attach the data via GET or POST (post with curl) as cookies and sessions will not work across domains as someone else pointed out.

in your config or in php.ini (doesnt really matter), find the auto_prepend_file part (or just put it in the config under where you added the php file types) and add

auto_prepend_file /data/sess.php

and in ~/data/sess.php have the following

<?php

session_start();

?>

that's a lazy way to do it, and also saves space :)

I don't control the server with pages A or C where they reside. So, it may be difficult to get at the auto_prepend_file, config or php.ini  files. Page B is on still another server.

Rather than using a redirect to bring up page C, would it be possible for the action in Page A to post to both page B and page C [using only 1 submit button]? Page B is never accessed by the user who should only see page C. [b is a service that requires it incoming data from a POST??? There would not be a problem if they accepted email.] Validation is required on page A. This would solve the cookie problem.

BTW, I can't trick it by posting directly to Page C - it already posts to formmail.php and redirects to thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.