PHP Email Script

mcmuney

I'm using php script that sends email notifications to members when they perform certain functions. But most of the emails are going to the spam/junk folder. I've checked my ip, which is not banned or black listed anywhere. I've been told that php itself can be triggered as spam if not formatted/coded correctly. Below is one of the scripts that I'm using, is this not coded properly? What's causing it to trigger as spam?

//start send email to receiver

$from = "<email address here>";
		$to =$txt_scm_email; 

include("mailClass.php");
		$mail= New mailClass("mailParam.php");

$fname=$_SESSION['social_mem_fname'];

$txt_scm_firstname=$db->get_field('sc_member',scm_firstname,scm_mem_id,$scm_mem_id);

$mail->mailParam["UserFirstName"]=$txt_scm_firstname;

$mail->mailParam["SiteName"]=$db->sitepath;

//for server
		$mail->mailParam["SiteLink"]="<a href=site url here>
		site url here</a>";

$mail->setmail("New Message");

$mail->mail_subject=$fname." has sent you a new message";

$mail->mailto($to);

$mail->mailfrom($from);

$mail->mail_send("");

}

//end send email to receiver

:-\ Well if the script that handles the email sends a "bulk mail" to more than three addresses at a time then it will be marked as spam ny most e-mail clients. The mail has to be sent individualy to avoid the spam folder. thhis shouldn't be too daunting of a task. Hope I helped :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.