Session Shopping Cart to Secure Site

per1os

Hi All,

I am working on a project with a session shopping cart. Basically no user registration and hopefully no database period. It does everything on the fly. The issue I am currently having is that I cannot see a way to pass the serialized item data from the unsecured site to the secure site. Get won't work because there could potentially be too many items. A hash won't work for the same reason.

Right now the only way I can see doing this is having a database that houses the sessionid, time and the serialized item data, than creating a script on the unsecured site in which the secure site is passed the sessionid and from there it requests a page called get_items.php which returns the serialized data from the database and is then able to unserialize it and process it.

I was hoping to keep the database out of it, I know I could probably use the same scheme with flat files, but what I am curious about is there a way that one could pass data (no matter the size) from one site to other without having to do the remote request?

I do not think there is, but figured I would give it a shot and ask. If anyone knows of a way, I would be appreciative of links I could read up on it.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.