[SOLVED] GD 2 installation problem on winxp, php 5.2.0 & Apache 2.2.4

I'm trying to activate GD2 on my testserver at home - but after uncommenting "extension=php_gd2.dll" and restarting, the server won't parse php-files anymore.

It doesn't return any error, it just doesn't respond when requesting a .php-file. Html works fine, and it doesn't matter wether the php-script uses gd functions or not.  Firefox says it's "waiting for server" until it times out.

My extension_dir is set to "./", because the guide I followed to install mysql called for that, and moving the dll in question to the php root folder. So I've got both php_mysql.dll and php_gd2.dll sitting in my php root.

I'm assuming I'm missing something - but I can't figure out what.. any clues are very welcome.

I fixed it, recommented extension=php_gd2.dll, changed extension_dir to ./ext. Restarted server to make sure everthing was back to normal w/out gd2.

Then read through php.ini, uncommented include_path and made sure it was right, then uncommented extension=php_gd2.dll. Restarted server, everything works.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.