MEDIUMBLOB entry not updating...

woolyg

Hi all,

I've set up a table with column 'image1' (MEDIUMBLOB). I use PHPMyAdmin to manually enter the data onto the table.

I enter a 16KB image in the field 'image1' - which goes in fine, PHPMyAdmin displays this info:

fenway: image removed, requries password!

Then I go back in, and remove the image reference, which displays this info:

fenway: image removed, requries password!

Now, when I try to insert another image, or re-insert the same image, the process fails, and does not insert the image. I need to be able to update this image field manually upon request, but once I've removed the image, it doesn't allow me to update that field.

Anyone seen this before? Can you shed light on it? Any & all help much appreciated.

Woolyg.

There is no SQL query here. I am manually updating the table, and browsing for the image to be entered as binary into the table.

When I wish to remove the image, I edit the table entry, and select no image, and click go - this removes the entry for the image.

Then, when I wish to update the table again with another image, I edit the table entry, and browse for an image, and click go. This SHOULD update the table with an image entry, but it does not- it simply returns the full table data, as if I entered the query

SELECT *
FROM table

There is no SQL query here. I am manually updating the table, and browsing for the image to be entered as binary into the table.

When I wish to remove the image, I edit the table entry, and select no image, and click go - this removes the entry for the image.

Then, when I wish to update the table again with another image, I edit the table entry, and browse for an image, and click go. This SHOULD update the table with an image entry, but it does not- it simply returns the full table data, as if I entered the query

SELECT *
FROM table

I have no idea what you're describing, sorry.

...which makes the entry a [bLOB - NULL] one.

Now, when I try to insert an image into its place, or re-import the same image, the table won't accept the image. Bah!

For any entries in the table that say [bLOB - 0B], it is possible to insert images. But upon removing these images, the table disallows any further update in this regard.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

WoolyG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.