[SOLVED] Mysql Data...

phpSensei

I have setup a forum and all I need is the pagination to display data by pages. I am currently showing the thread names within a topic using this code:

<?php

$id=$_GET['id'];

$data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'");

$row=mysql_query($data_p)or die('Error, query failed');

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($row)){    echo $row['subject_msg'] . '<br>';}

?>

The id is the id of the forum you click on, and idtop_msg holds the id of the forum when you post a message.

Everytime I use that code, my data repeats itself three times.

I.E: I am posting a message with the title of "Cars", and if I posts this message in the Automobile section it will display my title three times like this;

Cars

Cars

Cars

instead of just Cars...

I checked my Database to see if the data has been duplicated three times but its fine. It has been stored in my table just once.

How do you make it so it shows the Topic Name just once.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I dont know if this is the root cause of your problem but you are using $row to hold the result resource # and also the fetched array from the said results resource #

try changing you code to the following

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'");
   $result=mysql_query($data_p)or die('Error, query failed');

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){    echo $row['subject_msg'] . '
';}

I dont know if this is the root cause of your problem but you are using $row to hold the result resource # and also the fetched array from the said results resource #

try changing you code to the following

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $result=mysql_query($data_p)or die('Error, query failed');

';}

I tried what you said, and it seems to have come up with the error 'Error, query failed'.

greatly appreciated your help though.

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'") or die('Error: ' . mysql_error());
   $result=mysql_query($data_p)or die('Error, query failed<br />' . mysql_error());

';}

Report the error message.

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'") or die('Error: ' . mysql_error());
   $result=mysql_query($data_p)or die('Error, query failed<br />' . mysql_error());

';}

Report the error message.

I created that error message, there is something wrong with my query.

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'") or die('Error: ' . mysql_error());

';}

That should work for ya.

$data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'")\

that is an error INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id' that should condition the equality of two table

that should be forums ON idtop_msg='this should be a filed ' and idtop_msg='$id'")" ) try doing it like this  ;D

$id=$_GET['id'];
   $result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'") or die('Error: ' . mysql_error());

';}

That should work for ya.

are you sure the query is right ???? look how you join is that the right way ????

cheers

$data_p=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'")\

that is an error INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id' that should condition the equality of two table

that should be forums ON idtop_msg='this should be a filed ' and idtop_msg='$id'")" ) try doing it like this  ;D

What you stated there really makes no sense to me.

$id=$_GET['id'];

';}

That should work for ya.

are you sure the query is right ???? look how you join is that the right way ????

cheers

I am pretty sure it works because it didn't produce an error. The only query that produced an error was when he tried to query a mysql resource id.

What you stated there really makes no sense to me.

$id=$_GET['id'];

';}

That should work for ya.

cheers

I am pretty sure it works because it didn't produce an error. The only query that produced an error was when he tried to query a mysql resource id.

look this part of the query $result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id'")

answer this are you sure that the joining there is right?

INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='$id' this means join or combine two tables with similar fields but

here what the both of you do you join the $id fron that table coming from url so what are joining

even if runs it wont give you an output needed now that does make sense

yes i know that

when you join that means combine so the condition on that join is field=filed2

not field=record like the id you get

maybe it should be this way

join table1 on table1field=table2field where table1.fields= "your id here pr any"

SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='"put here the equal fields on the other table" where idtop_msg=anything

you can ad and / or if you still have condition

yes i know that

when you join that means combine so the condition on that join is field=filed2

not field=record like the id you get

maybe it should be this way

join table1 on table1field=table2field where table1.fields= "your id here pr any"

SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg='"put here the equal fields on the other table" where idtop_msg=anything

you can ad and / or if you still have condition

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!

<?php $id=$_GET['id'];
   $result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM message_msg INNER JOIN forums ON idtop_msg=id WHERE idtop_msg='$id'") or die('Error: ' . mysql_error());

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){    echo $row['subject_msg'] . '<br>
';}
?>

I know what you ment now, just wasnt clear to me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.