SQL Injection Test

Muncey

Basically im making a input in which i need someone to input an sql injection. I thought of just doing a simple  if statement and say if their input is ' or 1=1 -- then it's right but they could also put ' or 2=2 -- and it's still right, or x' or 2=2 -- or hello' or 100000=100000 -- and they would be right yet i dont know how to test to see if the user input a successful sql injection line.

I really need help with this, thanks.

Sorry i didn't explain it very well. Im fully aware of what sql injection is, how to do it and how to prevent it.

Im making a workshop type thing with like levels and one of the questions is give an example of a sql injection... when they input a correct sql injection i need to show one thing and show another if it's wrong.

Ah, check for the single quote and the OR statement and maybe even the equals sign.

If it has those chances are it is pretty close. Or use www.php.net/preg_match regular expressions to do the check for you.

Here is an example:

<?php

$input = "' R 1=1 --";

$ptn = "/('|\") OR ([0-9]+)=([0-9]+) (\-){2}/i";

preg_match($ptn, $input, $matches);

if($matches[0] == $input)
{
    echo '<tt>' . $input . '</tt><br />Successfull SQL Injection command';
}
else
{
    echo '<tt>' . $input . '</tt><br />Is not an SQL Injection command';
}

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.