2 replies to this topic

#1 Humpty

Humpty
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:09 AM

G'day Guys a few Q's to try and get a push in the right direction.

What I want to do:
I want users to be able to use a colour picker to select background colours etc...I will store these in a database and call them as required.

Questions:
1) Can this be done with PHP?
2) What comands / functions should I be looking for.

(I wouldn't mind having it do it without reloading the page however I think that would require java. Any ideas on the commands / functions to search for for that) (I know it's a php forum)

Thanks guys
- Humpty
  #> Where does the light go when it goes out?

#2 shocker-z

shocker-z
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 864 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

You could echo the colors as a table background and then use an onclick to show the color code it depends what kind of color pallet your trying to do.. are you doing it just as a colour palet where they clcik the colour they want and then it shows the colour code e.g. [!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]red[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] and when clicked it will show #FF0000 the bottom as the colour code.
www: www.ukchat.ws | irc: irc.ukchat.ws chan: #blufudge

#3 Humpty

Humpty
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:38 AM

[!--quoteo(post=359188:date=Mar 28 2006, 04:09 AM:name=shocker-z)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shocker-z @ Mar 28 2006, 04:09 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
are you doing it just as a colour palet where they clcik the colour they want and then it shows the colour code e.g. [!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]red[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] and when clicked it will show #FF0000 the bottom as the colour code.
[/quote]

Yeah I've been playing with that Idea, but i had trouble creating a loop for a colour pallet.

I have found a nifty JS script, I think I will use that, it shows a few differnet standard pallets with a bunch of colours wort having, (not like what i have been toying with.

The idea is to allow admin staff of an online shop to specify the colour of certain cells and certain texts.
- Humpty
  #> Where does the light go when it goes out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users