include 'includes/php_includes.php';

session_start();

$_SESSION['firstTime'] = 'GIRL';

session_write_close();

//window.close();

?>

=================================================

I'm currently executing this file with the following line of code:

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick=openPopup('recentCampSettingsExcel.php', 'recentCampSettingsExcel', 600, 500)"><b>(Export to Excel)</b></a>

I don't want to open it up using a popup though.  Is there some other function I can use that just executes whatever code is in the file without opening up anything?

If thats the case have a read up on AJAX. Here is an [ur=http://www.ajaxfreaks.com/tutorials/1/0.php]Introduction Tutorial[/url] on AJAX. It still uses ajax but it allows you to call a script in the background. AJAX can also return the results from the processed filed to the HTML page too.

You can accomplish this without AJAX.  Use the DOM to create an invisible iframe and point the src attribute at the script you'd like to run.  When the iframe is created, you can assign it an onload event handler that destroys the iframe; that way you aren't left with dozens of iframes if the user clicks the link multiple times.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.