• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lownoma925

lownoma925
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:03 AM

Okay, I don't quite know how to word this, but basically I'm trying to make a back end for an automotive body shop and before they take a car in, they want to be able to do a walk-around to find any dings or scratches or anything that won't be covered on insurance. Now, what I want to do is: have a overhead view of a car and the user will be able to click where the damage is on the car and a pop-up box will appear, then a field for a description and another for a photo upload. Then the data inserted into a MySQL database. How hard would that be to complete?

Thanks,
Tom.

BTW, my first time posting here... I've heard good things about this place.

#2 shocker-z

shocker-z
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 864 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:52 AM

depends if you are going to have stand alone pictures not photoes for like car.. van.. etc.. then i spose you could use PHP to auto make hotspots on the image and then on click it opens up a new window with the ID of the car and the hotspot number and then insert all the data into the database but it will be a tricky job to get it all working as i havn't heard of anyone really doing anything like this.. It may be a bit of a brain twister and if you havn't done PHP before i would advise going through a few of the basic tutorials for mysql/php before attempting the project :)

Regards
Liam
www: www.ukchat.ws | irc: irc.ukchat.ws chan: #blufudge

#3 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

You could use a form image to display a standard image of a car overhead profile.

<INPUT type='image' src='car_ohead.gif' name='imagename'>

When the user clicks on the image it behaves like a button except the x,y coordinates of the click within the image are posted. You can get hold of these values by

$x_pos = $_POST['imagename_x'];
$y_pos = $_POST['imagename_y'];

If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#4 shocker-z

shocker-z
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 864 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

Ahh i didnt know you could do that! :) will have to have a play with that.. so _x and _y after images name as in form name and it will know to get the x and y co-ordinates?

Ahh i didnt know you could do that! :) will have to have a play with that..
www: www.ukchat.ws | irc: irc.ukchat.ws chan: #blufudge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users