Printing labels from a web page

pnj

How would you go about building an HTML page designed to be printed with a label printer?

Would the user just have to set their page setup to remove page headers, and then a matter of getting the margin and padding right in the stylesheet so things print just right?

Or will I have difficulty printing to a label printer with an ordinary IE print request?

I'm thinking of an address label printer, that just prints one small label at a time.

Sorry if the question is a bit vague, I just don't have a label printer to experiment with at this time :-)

-pnj

As much as it disturns me you are probably better off using a table layout for this.

it will be a little bit trial and error but keep playing with cell heights and widths until they fit the lables on your paper - you may well find that trying to print on another printer/driver will not produce consistent results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.