[SOLVED] DELETE FROM (using "in") only deletes one row

Xeoncross

I have been working with this "IN" clause but I can't get this statement to kill more than one database row.

<?php
$query = 'DELETE FROM `comments` WHERE `id` in (\''. mysql_real_escape_string($id_list). '\') LIMIT '. count($ids); 
?>

>
>DELETE * FROM `comments` WHERE `id` in ('85,84,82') LIMIT 3;
>

I only deletes one row instead of all three. (MySQL 4+)

Try this

DELETE FROM `content`, `posts` USING `content`,`posts` WHERE `posts.id` = `content.id` AND `content.id`=56 LIMIT 1

or

DELETE  `content`, `posts` FROM `content`,`posts` WHERE `posts.id` = `content.id` AND `content.id`=56 LIMIT 1

Well, I need it to be an "IN" statement because I am deleting many ids usually...

I don't have any trouble with single ids.  ;D

DELETE FROM `content`, `posts` WHERE `posts.id` = `content.id` AND `content.id` in (56,60,49,34) LIMIT 4

DELETE FROM `content`, `posts` WHERE `content.id` in (56,60,49,34) LIMIT 4

illusion was right - when specifying multiple tables in the DELETE statement, you have to explicitly differentiate between tables being used solely for the WHERE clause and those you actually want to DELETE from.  have a look in the manual for syntax, but you can use DELETE table1, table2 FROM table1, table2 or DELETE FROM table1, table2 USING table1, table2

i guess you can delete the record form two table if you do something like joining before get the item to delete

DELETE FROM table1,table2 where tqable1.x=table2.x and  table1.x in ()

i guess something like that will work

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.