Column Text Value Issue

scott botkins

I've created a database for data to be stored. Each one is stored by an id such as 000001 for the first one. However when I run the search on a internet browser and type in the 000001 it shows up as just "1" instead of "000001" so I'm guessing I have the attributes wrong in database. In phpmyadmin for the field id I have it set for TEXT and not null, do you know what it should be set to fix this error? Thanks!

I've created a database for data to be stored. Each one is stored by an id such as 000001 for the first one. However when I run the search on a internet browser and type in the 000001 it shows up as just "1" instead of "000001" so I'm guessing I have the attributes wrong in database. In phpmyadmin for the field id I have it set for TEXT and not null, do you know what it should be set to fix this error? Thanks!

1) Why do you care how the DB stores this?

2) It should never be TEXT, but rather UNSIGNED INT.

3) If you really care (and you don't) you can use ZEROFILL.

4) You can make it as pretty as you like on the  way out, don't mess up the internal DB storage.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.