PHP Framework

Liquid Fire

I am looking for a php framework to test with.  I want to see what all the hype is about php frameworks but i am not sure what i want to use.  I big thing that i don't like about most frameworks is that they require you to name you classes and/or variables and/or databases/tables/fields a certain way.  I am looking for a framework that is very light on this stuff, giving me more control in how i want to name stuff.  I also want it to allow me to drop in my only classes/libraries very easily.  I also want it to be easy to install, easy as installing any other application.  Right now is think i will try Codeigniter but do any of you have any suggestion on simple that might be easier yet as powerful.

I personally dislike the frameworks I've used for the same reasons you've listed.  That said here's a list of frameworks:

php cake (I've used this and if you can't fit its style you'll hate it, based off of RoR)

solar (I like this one the most, haven't used it but from looking at the code)

symfony (haven't used it, but I hear Yahoo! uses it for something or another)

There's also a lot of CMSs which aren't the same but might fit your needs or can be hacked to fit your needs:

Symphony (it looks quite cool, it's pretty new, uses XSLT to generate the actual output)

Drupal

Joomla

Expression Engine

There's always Thacmus. It's in beta development (alpha releases, though), and started about 2 months ago. I've been designing it for simplicity and ease of use and change.

I don't have the framework / CMS enforce naming conventions, but I do suggest styles for organizational and aesthetic reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally dislike the frameworks I've used for the same reasons you've listed.  That said here's a list of frameworks:

php cake (I've used this and if you can't fit its style you'll hate it, based off of RoR)

solar (I like this one the most, haven't used it but from looking at the code)

symfony (haven't used it, but I hear Yahoo! uses it for something or another)

There's also a lot of CMSs which aren't the same but might fit your needs or can be hacked to fit your needs:

Symphony (it looks quite cool, it's pretty new, uses XSLT to generate the actual output)

Drupal

Joomla

Expression Engine

Symphony may look cool but its very very slow. It is too bulky for use. Yes CakePHP can be tricky at first. But once you get used to its coding style you will simply won't be able to live without it. It has real "magic"  ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.