[SOLVED] Need advice from media wiki users.

Ninjakreborn

I have recently download and installed mediawiki.com.

There are 3 things I am wanting to do to the system.

1. Remove the registration feature.

2. Have the login feature remaining so I can login.

3. Have the entire wiki open for the public except certain parts of it.

does anyone know the best way to go about this?>

Hmm ok.  A little manual delving allowed me to remove the account registration feature and leave the login for admins.  That was most of what I wanted to do.

I have a general idea of how new user's can create pages.  How do I set permissions for guests to be able to create pages, edit pages and everything except not edit locked pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have spent a fare amount of time with mediawiki and infact actually created a forum for that. I still consider MW the most complex php app I have ever seen. But its login features are mostly simple. Just edit the localsettings.php and change permissions. Although you will not find anything in the localsettings.php. all the settings are in the includes/defaultsettings.php so go though that file back to fourth. You will see loads of configuration options and permissions there. just pick up which one you want to edit and put it in the localsettings.php; dont edit the defaultsettings.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.