need some advice from the professionals on setting up a php, \mysql web host

I am about to get a Dell machine to set up a web werver at work for testing purposes.  I am supporting four different web sites for the company.  All of our machines are using Windows platforms so I am thinnking of installing Windows Server or XP to host them with WAMP but I am not sure what will be the easiest way. (XP or Server 2003??)

I had tried to host a php website before on Windows XP & server 2003 using IIS and had some trouble running the MySQL/data driven pages but I am thinking of getting a book and trying again.  My goal is to set to set up a testing web server for four different web sites that will run php and mysql driven web applications and be able to publish the web pages internally behind a firewall for my co-workers to view before I put it in production (externally). 

Can someone give me any feedback about their current Windows set up or any websites or books that can help me set this up?  Before when I tried this, I have done some googling before and it was of some little help but my mysql pages I couldnt get to run over the network.  Currently, I am using my local machine with WAMP but this will need to change becasue I want other people to pull up the websites from their computer and interact with the pages  before I publish them to the web.

thansk 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.