wget --post-data usage with php

shahansudu

I'm not sure what your asking... Can you explain in general what your trying to do?

Sorry... well this is what I need to do. I have a set of data on one machine, I need to transfer it to another only optin I have is to post this data through https://. So I wrote a php script on the server and tried sending data with the wget command

wget https://domain/file.php?name=value&name1=value1&...

but for some reason only the first value is send (vlaue in the case above). When I checked the man page for wget I saw that there is a option '--post-data' where i can send asting. I did it and I see the data being send but I donr know how I can save this data on the server. I used $_GET with a variable but it didnt work (it make sense that just a variable will not store that value either there is a especial variable or something). So what I need is to store this data I post through wget.

Than you for your help

wget has nothing to do with php. Your actual question is also a little ahrd to follow. Are you having problems sending or recieving? If sending (assuming your using wget via exec) dont use wget, use the curl extension. If recieving.... explain your issue.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.