New Bulletin Site

http://mystickyposts.com

I just finished up mostly everything basic.

like, posting, replying, sorting through the catergories, etc.

Its kinda like a forum, but no specific subject.

I originally had a different, more simpler idea, but as i went and programmed it, it became more of a forum... which upsets me. ;) haha

have fun!

Cross Site Scripting:

There is Cross Site Scripting if you post a note that contains code.

Drop Down Menu:

If you edit the Category drop down menu you can submit arbitrary values.

SQL Injection:

You can create columns in the table by submitting new categories.

Alright, after some help from people, I believe I have everything under control? anybody want to launch a  ull scale attack on it to see if my updates helped the security? just not a million replies to the posts. :P those are annoying to delete.

I also changed/added stuff.

Help! I am soo close to stopping spam, actually I'm done... but if you happen to have FF's Web Developer Toolbar (like most spammers), then they can disable meta tags, refresh the page, and send the POSTDATA again... hence, re-posting the sticky... how can I stop that?

Create a flood limit. E.g. 10 seconds between each post.

Create a database table posting_flood_log

storing the user's ip, and timestamp

$iplong = sprintf("%u",ip2long($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"])); //ip long format

$time = time(); //UNIX timestamp (in seconds)

Then when they attempt to add a new reply/topic it checks against the database to see if they have their ip stored if not allow them to post and record the data. If they are already in the table make sure their last post was 10+ seconds ago then update the timestamp. If not, ignore everything and redirect them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.