update data problem

shoutdots

hello

When iam trying to update a record on the db it update ALL the records their, i don't know where is the erorr !

Here is the action file.

$select="UPDATE dir_all SET wbname='$sitename', wbdisc='$sitedisc', wblink='$sitelink' WHERE id='$id'";
mysql_query($select) or die($select);
?>

I have post the $id into another file called editdel.php, i know it doesn't make any sense to put the $id into the last code, but it works when i make a button for delete.

<?

//Delete.php

$del="DELETE FROM dir_all WHERE id='$id'";

//edit_action.php

$update="UPDATE dir_all SET wbname='$sitename', wbdisc='$sitedisc', wblink='$sitelink' WHERE id='$id'";

mysql_query($update) or die(error);

//editdel.php

<td bgcolor="#FBFBFB"><div align="center"><span class="style4"><span class="style4"></span></span><a href="edit_site.php?id=<? echo $row['id']; ?>">Edit</a></div></td>

<td bgcolor="#FBFBFB"><div align="center"><span class="style4"><span class="style4"></span></span><a href="delete.php?id=<? echo $row['id']; ?>">Delete</a></div></td>

may be the problem that the ?id= doesn't refer directly to edit_action.php, first its going to edit_site.php file . if this is true, how can i solve this problem !

IT seems that the query is ok.But if u are frequntly getting the problem,then repair the table using flush() command.

I too had the problem,in my case the new update affects some values of already existing data.But when I created the new table, the problem was ok.As far as I am concerned it is ok now.

Dont know if flush or repair or whatever will fix your problem, but from what i can see the only logical thing is that id isnt getting any value, but u should have a syntax error i guess. Try echoing $id before making the query to check if its getting a value.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.