Mysql Help needed

venom792001

Ok im new to php and mysql been reading a little bit at a time as i go and i need a little help

Im sorry if this is a huge request but if someone could help or point me in the direction of some tuts regarding what im trying to do that be great also.

Ok here we go its for a local minor hockey league,

Im creating a script in php/mysql where i can input a players name, number, team, goals, assists, penalty minutes, suspensions, and games played i have all that working fine and for the form i use a radio selection for the teams and then manually input a players info works perfect, what i need to do is i want to then be able to use a dropdown list which would be generated from the database of all the teams curently only 6 and then once selected it gives me the list of players either in radio format or dropdown and once i click on a player it brings up a form of that player with his current stats for me to edit.

Also i cant seem to figure out how to not allow duplicate names be submitted right now i can submit as many players with the same name as possible.

If anyone can help me out here it be greatly appreciated or point me towards some reading/tuts that be great also, i can post the code im currently using if anyone needs it.

Kind Regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.