Passing requests through my ISP PHP to my local fixed IP

seanryder

Hi,

I have a demo application that runs on my local fixed IP, say http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/myapp.exe/search?item=1&cost=2

I'm new to PHP, is it possible to prevent people seeing my x.x.x.x ip address by putting a PHP file on my external ISP site and passing the request from there to my local server here?

I've had a look at redirect in Apache and PHP but they still show the x.x.x.x in the browser.

Is this possible/impossible?, Thanks.

Thanks for the help guys..

I tried .htaccess but doesn't seem to do anything I'll try again later once I get more familiar with it (I tried it locally on apache xp and my isp Apache Linux/Unix).

I don't mind people having access to my x.x.x.x site, it's just that it doesn't look as good as a registered domain.

I'm a bit surprised that PHP doesn't have a technique for obtaining its page content from an executable on another site, I can't find the link but I thought I saw an ASP example that uses something like Response.content = (something with querystring..?)  - anything similar in PHP in case .htaccess doesn't work for me?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.