Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambrennan

complicated mySQL query

Hi all

I am trying to write a query which will search the database for whatever rooms are available on the dates selected (arrival and departure ) which involes querying different tables. I'm new to php and mysql and really struggling with this - The code below is my feeble attempt - Can you help
$query = "SELECT room_number, room_description FROM room_desc_t,
WHERE
room_type = $RoomType, room_smoking = $SmokingYesNo, AND
room_number NOT IN
SELECT res_room_number from reservations_t " WHERE
res_arrival_date <= $arrivalday, res_depart_date > $departuredate
SELECT res_room_number from reservations_t WHERE res_arrival_date >= $arrivalday AND res_arrival_date < $departuredate"
$result=mysql_query ($query) or die ("Unable to execute query: ".mysql_error()); //(mysql_error());

Guest footballkid4
You can try this:
[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] * [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]`room_desc_t`[/color] t [color=green]LEFT[/color] [color=green]JOIN[/color] `reservations_t` r [color=green]WHERE[/color] t.room_type[color=orange]=[/color][color=red]'{$RoomType}'[/color] [color=blue]AND[/color] room_smoking[color=orange]=[/color][color=red]'{$SmokingYesNo}'[/color] [color=blue]AND[/color] r.res_arrival_date [color=orange]>[/color][color=orange]=[/color] [color=red]'{$Arrival}'[/color] [color=blue]AND[/color] r.res_departure_date [color=orange]<[/color] [color=red]'{$Departure}'[/color] [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

That should work, but it's untested and not guaranteed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.