Index.htm going to login page and sending back to index page

ghosh

Hello,

This is what I intend to do.

1: A visitors visits a.html page. decides to login and post comment. goes to login page and logs in then I want to send him back to a.html page how do I do that? Here is my login page and login.php page.

2: Same as above but I want to send them back after some time... while I make them view the error, why they have not been able to login.

<?php
session_start();
include "connect.php";
?>
<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit']))
{
  	$emailid=$_POST['email'];  //Email id and password should be checked against the database.
  	$password=$_POST['password'];
$password=md5($password);
  	$getuser="SELECT * from a_users where email='$emailid' and passkey='$password' and validated='1'";
  	$getuser2=mysql_query($getuser) or die("Could not query for user");
  	$getuser3=mysql_fetch_array($getuser2);
  		if((strlen($getuser3[email])<1)||$getuser3[validated]==0)
  			{
    		header(Location:"http://www.myplanet.co.in/home/members/invalid-username-password.php";
		}
	else if($getuser3[isbanned]=="yes")
  			{
    		print "Your account has been banned. <br><br><br> <center>For more information contact webmaster: helpdesk@myplanet.co.in<br><br><br><br>copyright myplanet</center>";
  			}
	else
  			{
		$_SESSION['email']=$emailid;   //Once the email ID and password has been varified.
			if(isset($_SESSION['email']))
				{
					 $emailid=$_SESSION['email']; //retriving user name against the given email ID.
  					 $getusername="SELECT * from a_users where email='$emailid'";
  					 $getusername2=mysql_query($getusername) or die("Could not get user name");
  					 $getusername3=mysql_fetch_array($getusername2);
                                         $username=$getusername3['username'];
				 }				
			else
				{
				echo "ALERT: USER NAME DOES NOT EXIST";	 
    				}

$path = '/folder/';
		$hostname = 'myplanet.co.in';
		setcookie('myplanet', $username, $emailid, $path, $hostname);		//setting cookie for storing email ID and Password.

}
}			
  ?>

Hope you dont mind me putting the domain name as it is!

Thanks,

ok, you mean to say i send him to a simple age where he learns the status and send him back but how do I know from which web address he came from. In a website there could be many page from where he can visit the login.php page!!

Alternatively, is there any ways I can make him wait in a page for some time before sending him to another?

Thanks for helping me.

You will not be able to sustain a login within a html page unless your server is setup to handle *.html files as php.

Ok, I will keep all my pages as php but isn't it php files are bigger in size than html and loads late?

here is the forum which I am using. which is not working. The page is continuously getting refreshed and multiple similar comments are getting added. Redirection is also not working.

<?php
//create the form to submit comments
//you can add more fields, but make sure you add them to the db table and the page, submitcomment.php
        echo "<a name=\"post\"><div id=\"submitcomment\" class=\"submitcomment\">
<form name=\"submitcomment\" method=\"post\" action=\"submitcomment.php\" onSubmit=\" return form_Validator(this)\">
<table width=\"100%\">
                <tr>
                                <th colspan=\"2\"><h3 class=\"formtitle\">Leave your comment:</h3></th>
                </tr>
                <tr>

<th scope=\"row\"><p class=\"req\">Name:</p></th>
                                <td><input class=\"form\" tabindex=\"1\" id=\"name\" name=\"name\" /></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                                <th scope=\"row\"><p class=\"opt\">Email:</p></th>
                                <td><input class=\"form\" tabindex=\"2\" id=\"email\" name=\"email\" /></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>

<th scope=\"row\"><p class=\"opt\">URL:</p></th>
                                <td><input class=\"form\" tabindex=\"3\" id=\"url\" name=\"url\" /></td>
                </tr>
                <tr valign=\"top\">
                                <th scope=\"row\"><p class=\"req\">Comments:</p><br /></th>
                                <td><textarea class=\"formtext\" tabindex=\"4\" id=\"message\" name=\"message\" rows=\"10\" cols=\"50\"></textarea></td>
                </tr>

<tr>    
                                <td> </td>
                                <td><input type=\"submit\" name=\"post\" class=\"submit\" value=\"Submit Comment\" /><br />
                                <p>Note:  Emails will not be visible or used in any way, and are not required.  Please keep comments relevant. Any content deemed inappropriate or offensive may be edited and/or deleted. </p>

<p>No HTML code is allowed.  Line breaks will be converted automatically.  URLs will be auto-linked.  Please use BBCode to format your text.</p>

</td>
                </tr>
</table>
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"tuturl\" value=\"$tuturl\" /> 
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"tutid2\" value=\"$tutid2\" />
</form>

</div>
";
}
?>

This is the submit comment.php

<?php
//Please set the following variables for your mysql database:
$db_hostname = "localhost";  //usually "localhost be default"
$db_username = "";  //your user name
$db_pass = "";  //the password for your user
$db_name = "";  //the name of the database

/*MYSQL DATABASE CONNECTION/ TRACKING FUNCTIONS
--------------------------------------*/
// connect to database
$dbh = mysql_connect ($db_hostname, $db_username, $db_pass) or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ($db_name);

$tuturl = $_POST["tuturl"];
$tutid2 = $_POST["tutid2"];
$name = $_POST["name"];
$url = $_POST["url"];
$email = $_POST["email"];
$message = $_POST["message"];

$sendcomment = mysql_query("INSERT INTO comments SET tutorialid='$tutid2', name='$name', url='$url', email='$email', comment='$message', date=now()");
if($sendcomment){
//header("Location: $tuturl");
echo "<h1>Submission Successful</h1>";
echo "Your comment has been submitted.  You will now be redirected back to the last page you visited.  Thanks!";
echo "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='2;URL=$tuturl'>";
} else {
echo "There was an error with the submission. ";
}

?>

I would appreciate if some one can figure out the mistake!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.