Custom Links

jonybhi

Hello

I am asian so my english is not too good.

I want to make a site where people can make their account and add their favourite sites.

let suppose a person registered an account john and add his favuorite sites:

www.yahoo.com

www.hotmail.com

www.google.com

Now a page of URL:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?john

contain these three links. This page can open anybody who knows this URL but only edit that person who knows

the password.

So please help me in making this.

I shall be very thankful to you all.

The first thing you will need to do is make the page where he registers. Basically, you need to store his name and password somewhere. You could also store his links now, or you can let him add them later.

So, make a page called register.php. In this page, make an html form with at least two inputs and a button. Make this form submit to itself, and check to see if it gets any inputs, and if it does, store them.

How you store them is up to you, basically either a file or database, with database being the right way to do it.

Ok I have created register.php the code is

-------------------------------------------

<html>

<head>

<title>Register</title>

</head>

<body>

<form method="POST" action="register.php">

<p>User Name:<input type="text" name="T1" size="20"></p>

<p>Password:<input type="text" name="T2" size="20"></p>

<p>Email:<input type="text" name="T3" size="20"></p>

<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p>

</form>

</body>

</html>

-------------------------------------------------------

Now I want to add data in MySQL Database. Now please help me in making database and its tables etc.

Thanks

If you have phpmyadmin over there, you can start there.  Do you have that?

Also, if you can find a simple php/mysql book in your language, that will help take you a long way.  Because there are a few security issues involved in this, you want to know what you are doing a litlte bit before you start.  For instance, a very good registration/login system that allows changes to password, email, and takes security/validation into account takes about 20-40 hours to make.  Once you have it, though, you can use it for other applications with very few changes.  You could make a simple one in about 2-3 hours, though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.