rewrite on windows server 2003

citpes

Hey guys

My laptop running winXP Pro poped its HD this morning, and im trying to get the only other free computer in the office setup so I can finish doing some work.

It is a windows server 2003 installation, and I cant get the rewrite rules working.  I have enabled the mod_rewrite module, and added this to the httpd.conf

<Directory "C:/Webbase/webcan_code/">
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
            AllowOverride All
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
</Directory>

that is the correct directory.  I have done this exact same thing on my XP laptop, and it worked fine, but I am getting a "400, bad request" error everytime I try it on the server 2003 installation.

this is the .htaccess

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*).htm$							index.php	[L]
RewriteRule ^(.*).php$							index.php	[L]
RewriteRule ^(core_images|backup|conf|custom|smarty|scripts)/(.*)	index.php 	[L]

is there anything im doing obviously wrong!  This is frustrating as I got it all setup on XP quickly without any issues, but its not working on this OS!

There are no errors coming through in the log files either.

I am using apache 1.3.17

please dont just suggest an upgrade to apache 2, i realise that 1 is old, but that isnt a good enough reason why this isnt working now!

thanks in advance guys

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.