barcode printing

lgastmans

just joined PHP Freaks - and have a question...

I need to print barcode labels on a Birch BP-744 label printer

So far I have managed to

1. create the barcode image as a jpg file

2. install MagickWand to create a bmp version of this image

3. successfully printed this on a laser printer, via parallel port, using the PHP printer_open, printer_draw_bmp, printer_close functions

4. successfully printed on a laser printer connected via USB port (found out I had to set Apache permissions)

But when I print to this barcode printer it just spits out a few rows of labels, ALL BLANK!

I am testing this on Windows XP SP2, and Xampp 1.6.2

I am freaking out, because all of the above 4 points involved a lot of hard earned knowledge, and now I just get blank labels

Anybody have any ideas, suggestions?

Probably the bardoce printer accepts specifically formatted data which differ from standart printers. I really dont know. From the comments at the php manual, there are 2 or 3 guys who say they printed normaly with printer_open and a barcode printer.

Dont know why ure using php for this, as for application languages like VB there are activeX controls for printing in different barcode printers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.