File Copy Question

jpratt

I am writing some software and they want a way to protect the software from being copied. Is there a way to tell if a file way copied? It a program that runs on a thumb drive, and I don't want people buying the drive and just copying it to all their friends drives as well. Is there such a function in php?

I dont think so. Php is a server side language, so you need to have the platform installed to interprete(sp) your code. Its nothing like C#, C++, VB etc where you can compile your it.

If its what you asked... if not im not sure what you mean.

Still they will be able to copy the files and put it on another drive. Then you would have to only add a secure access to your software like a password or something like a serial or web identification as you install or copy your software.

Thorpe: Thank you for the php encoder thing, I didnt know about it :) pretty interresting but very expensive too lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.