[SOLVED] effective due date? timestamp? FATAL error.

kr3m3r

Hi, I'm building a library with php, and want to create a way for the return date for an item to automatically be 14 days after they are checked out.

I had hoped to use something like:

$Check_Out_Date=TIMESTAMP[(];

and then manipulate that with substrings and whatnot, until i could put it back together as 2 weeks later.  Unfortunately I'm getting a FATAL error, with this.  Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Robb

Well, the book I'm using said there was a timestamp()function, but I can't seem to find more on it.

Now I'm trying to use date and the result I'm getting is:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for date() in /home/.titch/rwkremer/kr3m3r.com/Sub_Check_Out.php on line 105

from the code:

echo date();

I'm really just hoping to find a way to create a due date of 14 days from the date of check out.

Thanks again for the help.

-Robb

Well, the book I'm using said there was a timestamp()function, but I can't seem to find more on it.

Now I'm trying to use date and the result I'm getting is:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for date() in /home/.titch/rwkremer/kr3m3r.com/Sub_Check_Out.php on line 105

from the code:

echo date();

I'm really just hoping to find a way to create a due date of 14 days from the date of check out.

Thanks again for the help.

-Robb

Aye, the date function requires parameters, look it up on php.net.  So, you need the date + 14 days applied to a variable that can be saved?

Ok

$newdate = date('d') + 14 . ' ' . date('m y');
echo $newdate;

Hmm ,but that doesn't move it into the next month.. so I guess you could do and if on the result you get from simply adding 14 to the day number of the month? but then you'd have to index all the days in each month.. ill keep working on this for you

The timestamp function, that regards the unix epoch time is time();

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.