Best place to start learning PHP

ollyno1uk

Hello everyone

I am very interested in learning PHP but unsure where to go. I am pretty much a noob to it all although I do have an oscommerce store so I am kind of familiar with how it all looks.

I have looked on the internet for tutorials and found a few that seem to illustrate how to display "hello world!" and display variables although this does not seem to have much use within the context of developing my site.

What I am looking for in some guidance as to where to begin so I can delve into it. I know its going to be a long learning process but I am ready for it.

I have no scripting or programming knowledge apart from the tutorials mentioned above and a pretty good understanding of HTML.

I look forward to receiving anyone's advice.

Many thanks in advance

Everywhere around here, im pretty new to that site but seriously its the best place to find anything you need :)

You have multiple php ressource on google.

google: - php tutorial

Lots of good books around too go to a computer library and look around.

hi there,

Im still learning php aswel i started like 2 1/2 years ago

and i still dont even know everything about php well i

can read all coding and tell yah what they do.

But the best way to start is to buy or hire a few books

and keep studying at least that worked for me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.